Every Dynamic QR Code is assigned a random short URL. The short URL is what redirects to your landing page when the QR Code is scanned. You can customize the short URL (by including your company name, product name, etc) to build more trust among users and to make your brand more visible.
If you would like to edit the short URL, follow the steps below.
1. Select Download next to your QR Code.
2. Select the edit pencil under Short URL at the bottom of the pop-up window.
3. A pop-up will appear. Make sure to read the information carefully. Once you have done so, select GOT IT.
4. Enter your desired short URL. Once you’re done, select Save.
5. You will see the new short URL for the QR Code on your dashboard. You may need to refresh the page for the changes to update.
Alternatively, you can:
- hover next to the short URL, select the pencil icon, and then follow steps two through five above.
- hover under the download button, select the design QR Code icon, and then follow steps two through five above.
Editing a short URL does not remove or change https://l.ead.me/. If you would like to host QR Codes under your own domain, you will need to use our white label feature. This feature is not available with our Starter or Advanced Plans.